The sun is my biggest enemy most times while I'm on the water in my Ascend 128T kayak. I tried using umbrellas, beach umbrellas, and other odds and ends in attempts to shield myself from the sun, and sometimes rain, with minimal success. Now? I think I've solved the problem with some old tent poles, pvc pipe, and an emergency blanket. Here's my version of a DIY kayak canopy presented over my Ascend 128T.
Gear We're Using
- Emergency blanket: https://amzn.to/3gd9fve
- Surviveware Waterproof First Aid kit: https://amzn.to/35nmcwl
- Ascend kayaks at Cabelas: https://cabelas.xhuc.net/9Xm14
- Ascend Kayaks at Bass Pro: https://bassproshops.vzck.net/gj352
- Academy Sports Kayaks: https://www.dpbolvw.net/click-9121149-14517855
- Dick's Sporting Goods kayaks: https://dicks-sporting-goods.ryvx.net/DP4Ma
- Pelican kayaks: https://amzn.to/3mt7R9m
- Pelican kayaks at Dick's Sporting Goods: https://dicks-sporting-goods.ryvx.net/2r15QG
- Pelican kayaks at Academy Sports: https://www.jdoqocy.com/click-9121149-14491530
- Pelican kayaks at Walmart: walmart.com/kayaks
About the Ascend 128T Kayak
Equipped with Yak-Power®, the Ascend® 128T Sit-on-Top Kayak takes the hybrid fishing platform design to a whole new level. This unique fishing kayak combines stand-up paddleboard characteristics with a sit-on-top kayak fishing platform to provide excellent stability whether you're standing, fishing, or paddling. The Ascend 128T Sit-on-Top Kayak adds to its innovative design with open-deck access and customization options unlike any other stand-up kayak on the market.
Recessed bow and stern open storage areas with flush-mounted bungees provide endless accessorizing options, while the Yak-Power system brings a wiring harness, master controller, and 3 strategically placed power plugs. A removable rod tip protector/paddle stowage with threaded insert accepts additional accessories, and the 4 flush-mounted rod holders with rod leash eyelets (leash not included) let you create a personalized fishing setup. A deluxe seating system allows all-day comfort with a removable design to go from on-water to onshore in seconds.
The flat casting deck with non-skid foam mat and pull-up assist strap, midship and aft watertight storage, port and starboard accessory-mounting rails, and 8 scupper drains with plugs round out this adventurous Ascend kayak to bring the best all-around on-water experience Ascend has offered to date.
Ascend 128T Kayak Specs
- Size: 12'8"
- Approximate weight: 96 lbs
- Maximum weight capacity: 350 lbs
- Made in USA.
- Rotomolded, custom-crafted tunnel hull
- Wide transom and flared bow sections
- Exceptional durability, standing-and-fishing stability, and tracking
- Yak-Power system with wiring harness, master controller, and 3 strategically placed power plugs
- Removable rod tip protector/paddle stowage with threaded insert for attaching accessories
- Recessed bow and stern open storage areas with flush-mounted bungees
- 4 flush-mounted rod holders with rod leash eyelets (leash not included)
- Flat casting deck with non-skid foam mat and pull-up assist strap
- Midship and aft weathertight storage
- Port and starboard accessory-mounting rails
- Deluxe removable, adjustable seating system with 3-position seat landings and adjustable foot braces
- 8 scupper drains throughout with 8 plugs
- Bow and stern carrying handles