Some days on the Roanoke River are sweeter than others. Homemade deep-fried donuts at our campsite.
This was before the cinnamon sugar treatment. Those delicious treats are unbelievable. Have mercy! Join us as we cook and eat our favorite campfire dessert at our bushcraft basecamp.
The full recipe (you'll need to measure out if you want to make less):
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Oil for Deep frying
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar for coating
In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
Heat your oil, flour your surface, roll your dough out and cut your shapes.
Fry your doughnuts until they turn golden brown, turning once during cooking. Set aside on paper towels. Before doughnuts are completely cooled, toss them in your cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat them.
Survival Gear I'm Using (Amazon Affiliate)
- Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set 24oz Stainless Steel: https://amzn.to/2MQ1k9K
- Stanley Adventure Stainless Prep Cook Set: https://amzn.to/2ZDUExm
- USMC Assault Pack: https://ebay.to/2MUe7J1
- Husqvarna Hatchet: https://amzn.to/31A1JAr
- Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock: https://amzn.to/2Zxdg26
- Etek City Camping Stove: https://amzn.to/2U9McHm