We decided to take the kayaks down the Roanoke River and camp overnight. The entire paddle distance totaled 14.97 miles of wonderful flowing water.
Sleeping in the hammock was a delight and Dad had a rough night due to not having a decent pillow. I think a Klymit inflatable pillow may soon be at our doorstep dressed in an Amazon Prime box!
We saw fifteen or more bald eagles on our trip but failed to get ANY of them in decent footage. We'll get lucky and get a good shot of one soon.
Thanks for coming along with us on some of the best camping in North Carolina and God bless!
Link to the USMC Assault Pack review: USMC Assault Pack - is it a good 3 day pack?
Gear we're using:
- Fishing Kayaks: https://amzn.to/2O2Ne32
- Onyx MoveVent Personal Floatation: https://amzn.to/2VPQuDr
- Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro Mosquito Hammock: https://amzn.to/3iAzbju
- Aqua Quest Defender Tarp: https://amzn.to/31QrkbA
- Catoma Bed Net system: https://amzn.to/2ZG2nwN
- Stanley Adventure Stainless Prep Cook Set: https://amzn.to/2ZFgHFL
- Fire Force # 8760 Nylon Tarp: https://amzn.to/3f3d2bv
- Stanley Adventure All-In-One Boil + Brew French Press: https://amzn.to/3gsWiuv
- Kayak Dry Bags: https://amzn.to/31Mmlss
- Klymit Sleeping Pad: https://amzn.to/3ixxX8B
- Klymit Sleeping Pillow: https://amzn.to/31SG8X9
- Surviveware Waterproof First Aid kit: https://amzn.to/2Nfsox3 (10% Discount code: ROBUSH10)
- Chairbrella: https://amzn.to/2VO4WeY
- UCO Candle Lantern: https://amzn.to/2ZFBZDj
- UCO 9-Hour Citronella Candles: https://amzn.to/2VQeLJk
- USMC 3 Day Assault Pack: https://ebay.to/2GCFOQY
- USMC 3 Day Assault Pack: https://amzn.to/2C0UAhO