In this video, I am showing the contents of my bugout bag. I've been using my USMC FILBE system to carry my bugout and survival gear with confidence.
When I chose this system for my survival needs I knew that if it was good enough for the United States Marine Corps it would certainly hold up to anything that I could throw at it. I've had this system for a couple of years now and have used it in all four seasons, in North Carolina and out. Any bugout scenario that we can think of has at least one part of my FILBE (Family of Improved Load Bearing Equipment) gear in it.
This FILBE bugout survival gear can get real heavy, real fast. The idea is to make it to one of our locations with all of our gear, situation dependant. Being able to stash one of the bags during the bugout at predetermined locations can come in handy when we need to pick up our pace, then, later return for the stashed gear. Some days carrying all of the gear is harder than others as weather, physical fitness and environmental factors come into play. Some days we're stronger than others, some days we're faster than others, and some days we're those "others". Be smart and plan for it.
In my kit, I carry many things that are needed for survival. My cover ranges from a USMC Improved Bivy cover, one-man tent, two-man tent, poncho, to tarp and hammock. I do not carry both tents and tarps all at once. That's heavy and takes up precious space and weight.
I carry a range of firearms and ammunition as well as knives, saw and an axe along with a Leatherman multi-tool.
My containers consist of water bladders, Stanley Adventure cups and a few other items.
Cordage is wrapped up with paracord and a "Greenline" military rappelling/climbing (dynamic) rope.
Combustion in my kit is covered by ferro rods, lighters, and matches.
Watch along with me and let me know what you carry and let's learn from one another.
Some of my survival gear:
- Shemagh: https://amzn.to/31Eowe9
- USMC FILBE Main Pack: https://ebay.to/33khUTX
- FILBE Hydration System: https://amzn.to/2MrlFmn or https://ebay.to/316MrUk
- Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set: https://amzn.to/31DloQ0
- Sawyer Mini water filter: https://amzn.to/2MrUWpD
- 5 Quart Collapsible Canteen: https://ebay.to/31CqRHq
- USMC Assault Pack: https://ebay.to/2MUe7J1
- Coyote Brown Paracord: https://amzn.to/2WNJV1K
- Boonie Hat, Multi-cam: https://amzn.to/2WRDw5E
- Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock: https://amzn.to/2Zxdg26
- USMC Improved Bivy Cover (IBC): https://amzn.to/2EgoFwd
- Military Sleeping pad: https://amzn.to/2ZAejPF
- Low Sodium MRE: https://amzn.to/2DDU4Y1
- Western Frontier MRE: https://amzn.to/2ZLPRLi
- MRE 6 Pack: https://amzn.to/2GUKCSp
- Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro Hammock: https://amzn.to/2WkJ4GF
- Aqua Quest Defender 10x10 Tarp: https://amzn.to/2UjW29K
- USMC 3 Season Sleep System: http://ebay.to/2JZR4Ld
- Husqvarna 26" Wooden Multi-Purpose Axe: https://amzn.to/2WnD7s4
- BK-16 Knife: https://amzn.to/2CBWbLr
- Etek City Camping Stove: https://amzn.to/2U9McHm
- Viet Nam Poncho: https://ebay.to/2TBdja8
- Poncho Liner: https://amzn.to/2U9hCgR
- USMC 2 Man Combat Tent: https://ebay.to/2Aq4d9S
- 6" Ferro Rod: https://amzn.to/2H5FESi
- TCOP Eureka one person combat tent: https://ebay.to/2WTllOd
- USMC MAC SACK waterproof bag: https://ebay.to/2OLGNol
- Main Seal Line waterproof bag: https://amzn.to/2Z0zLvW