Happy Thanksgiving from the Roberts boys! We enjoyed our weekend camping at the farm and gathering more logs to add to our pile for the cabin.
It has taken a lot of hard work and determination to move these logs by hand, but as we all know, nothing worth keeping is won easily. We've cut, rolled, pulled, and pushed these logs to this point. Debarking these was a bit easier than fresh-cut trees. We are fairly decided on a 15' x 12' unless we can figure a way to make a 15' x 15'.
Cast iron cooking and baking around the campfire has become a favorite thing to do! The dutch oven was a perfect fit for two cornish hens. The smaller dutch oven proved perfect for the homemade peach cobbler! My goodness, what a meal!
Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1- 29oz. can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 stick of butter melted in an 8x8" Pyrex pan
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix the flour, sugar, milk, and egg into a batter (should be similar in consistency to pancake batter).
2. Melt the butter.
3. Pour drained peaches over melted butter.
4. Pour the batter over the peaches and melted butter, DO NOT STIR.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
This peach cobbler recipe is my favorite of all time. The flavor, texture, all of it, is not only palatable, but perfect in my opinion.
After camping out and moving logs we headed back home to attend our annual dessert auction held at our church. Our members bake all kinds of wonderful desserts and donate them to be auctioned off. The great thing about this auction is that all of the proceeds go to the teen ministry! It was a great way to finish off the weekend and I think that you will enjoy it as much as we did! My homemade cinnamon rolls sold for almost 100$
Do you know if you are on your way to heaven? Click here to find out for sure! https://robertsbushcraft.com/about-roberts-bushcraft.html
- Cast Iron Skillets: https://amzn.to/36gvA4K
- Stanley Cook Sets: https://amzn.to/3eKP05F
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven: https://amzn.to/3lh1LHD
- Hammocks: https://amzn.to/32upWLi