A couple of months ago we were able to add a new member to the Roberts Bushcraft family! This is the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II chambered in .223/5.56 Nato. This is a short video of us breaking it in adjusting the sights.
We have a small range set up between the cotton field and cornfield and so far the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II has been a fantastic rifle. It's perfect for what we are wanting out of this platform. It is budget enough for us to crawl with it through mud and jump in the river but accurate enough to put rounds on target. This isn't just a bench/range gun, it's a working man's rifle.
We also took the opportunity to shoot my Norinco SKS and that is always a fun trigger pull.
Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II Rifle Features
- Magpul® MBUS® Rear Sight
- Forged, Integral Trigger Guard
- Forward Assist & Dust Cover
- Chromed Firing Pin
- Armornite® Barrel Finish
- 6-Position Collapsible Stock
- Compatible with most standard AR15 components and accessories
Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II Rifle Specs
- SKU: 10202
- Model: M&P®15 Sport™ II
- Caliber: 5.56mm NATO/.223
- Capacity: 30
- Safety: Manual Safety on Lower
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Overall Length: 35.0"
- Front Sight: Adj. A2 Post
- Rear Sight: Folding Magpul (MBUS)
- Action: Gas Operated Semi-Auto
- Stock: 6-Position CAR
- Grip: Polymer
- Weight: 103.2 oz / 2,925.7g
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Frame Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Frame Finish: Matte Black
- Barrel Twist: 1 in 9, 6 groove
- Purpose: Home Protection, Hunting, Recreational Shooting