It's never too late to learn to shoot a firearm. We decided to head out to one of our favorite spots on our farm and give our Smith & Wesson firearms a day of Remington ammunition snacks.
Traci's Thoughts on Shooting Smith & Wesson M&P Firearms
I'm far from a gun expert. As a matter of fact, until recently, I have barely had any experience shooting at all. So please keep that in mind while reading my thoughts here and when you view footage of me target practicing with the guys.
- New aggressive grip texture for M&P®45 SHIELD™
- Front cocking serrations
- Incorporates the design features of the M&P Shield line of firearms
- Extremely thin and lightweight - can be comfortably carried all day
- 18 degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Striker-fired for short consistent trigger pull, every time
- Backed by Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy
- Armornite® Durable Corrosion Resistant Finish
Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 9MM Features
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P pistol more comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery.
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim.
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach - S, M, ML, L.
- Aggressive grip texture for enhanced control.
- New M&P M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull.
- Tactile and audible trigger reset.
- Accurate 1 in 10” twist M&P M2.0 barrel.
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing.
- Armornite® durable corrosion resistant finish.
Smith & Wesson explains on their website that the M&P 2.0 series of firearms are designed for personal, sporting, and professional use. Toe Roberts family falls into all of those categories as our oldest son is a police officer. Smith & Wesson continues by stating that the M&P M2.0 delivers an entirely new platform, introducing innovative features in nearly every aspect of the pistol, including trigger, grip, frame, and finish. Highlights of the M&P M2.0 pistol include an extended stainless-steel chassis and high grip to barrel bore axis ratio for reduced muzzle rise and faster aim recovery.
Smith & Wesson M&P15 SPORT II Features
- Magpul® MBUS® Rear Sight
- Forged, Integral Trigger Guard
- Forward Assist & Dust Cover
- Chromed Firing Pin
- Armornite® Barrel Finish
- 6-Position Collapsible Stock
- Compatible with most standard AR15 components and accessories
Curry and Gabriel have both helped me with various aspects of understanding the ins and outs of the guns, as well as techniques on handling and shooting them. I have also joined them in watching videos of how to properly hold handguns, which has helped me have a better grip while shooting. I enjoyed my time target practicing this past weekend and look forward to more opportunities to improve my technique, aim and speed.