Rugged all-terrain and built with nothing but the best materials, the Danner® USMC RAT stands ready for any mission, any environment, any time.
Developed side by side with the United States Marine Corps, the RAT (Rugged All Terrain) earned its name among elite warfighters as being the only proven USMC rugged all-terrain boot available. Precisely crafted with highly durable nubuck leather, a tear-resistant 1000 Denier nylon, an abrasion resistant polyurethane enforced heel and toe cap, and an advanced Vibram® 360 Dri Ice outsole, the RAT embodies Danners commitment to crafting higher standards.
How it Fits
The 610 is our most universal last and can be worn by all foot shapes and sizes. It provides a snug fit through the heel while allowing ample toe room for the most versatile fit. This allows more support and side-to-side movement.
- Made in the USA
- Berry Compliant
- Eagle, Globe, and Anchor emblem and USMC certified
- Durable nubuck leather topped with a breathable and tear-resistant 1000 Denier nylon upper
- Polyurethane coated leather over toe and heel for increased durability
- Danner's hand-crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot. This construction makes the boot recraftable in our Portland factory
- Speed lace system for a quick, secure fit
- Highly durable, moisture-wicking lining with quick-draining medial vent holes
- Extended sizes available for women or those with smaller feet
- Advanced lug design Vibram® 360 outsole with Dri Ice remains flexible even in extreme cold for superior traction
- Fiberglass shank
- 8" height
- 70 oz
Where To Purchase
How Do I Take Care Of My Danner Boots?
Danner says that there are many factors that can affect the life of your boots. An occasional cleaning and conditioning can help to prolong the life of your boots, but it’s important, according to Danner's website, to use water or silicone-based products that won’t damage or clog the pores of the leather. Danner offers a complete line of boot care products specifically developed to help you get the most life out of your favorite boots.
Can I Dry My Boots Next to a Camp Fire?
Danner says that drying your boots next to a fire, with a hair dryer, or in an oven can cause cracks in the leather and other damage. If you’re out in the field, keep your boots in a shaded area and not in harsh, direct sunlight. For best results, we suggest using a Peet Boot Dryer for fast, safe drying.