Bushcraft cooking is today's task and we are cast iron cooking corn fritters over a campfire. The closest I can find to my skillet is https://amzn.to/2W8n2pL This is a delicious little treat that is fried in Crisco and made with cream of corn, salt, sugar, egg, flour and baking soda. This was our first attempt at frying these up and we'll keep on until we get them just right. We may even try and bake them in the Stanley cook pot.
Corn Fritters Ingredients:
- Cast Iron Skillet: https://amzn.to/2W8n2pL
- 1/2 cup of flour: https://amzn.to/2OcIHdZ
- 1 small can of creamed corn: https://amzn.to/2FaT65N
- Sugar to taste: https://amzn.to/2FlM0wE
- 1 TBsp baking powder: https://amzn.to/2Y9JJf0
- Salt to taste: https://amzn.to/2OdkuUB
- 1 Egg (buy local)
Fry in Crisco or other shortening until golden brown and eat them while warm.