We took a short hike down to the Roanoke River today to set up our hammocks and fry up some funnel cakes in my Stanley cook pot. These cook pots are lightweight, versatile, and awesome.
I have a new pillow to test out, the Klymit Luxe. So far, it is a wonderful improvement over the Klymit X pillow. I still am not however convinced that the Luxe is the pillow that I am looking for.
If you are wondering how to make a funnel cake and fry it up at camp, watch and see how we get it done. Funnel cakes are delicious and can be a real morale booster at camp. The funnel cake recipe we used is below.
Funnel Cake Recipe (adjust to your serving size needs):
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting or toppings of your choice
Gear We're Using
- Klymit Luxe Pillow: https://amzn.to/2IMaMdE
- Aqua Quest Himal Backpack: https://amzn.to/3gLt5Mv
- Aqua Quest Rogue Dry Bags: https://amzn.to/2ILv2vV
- Stanley cook pot: https://amzn.to/2WeZGkA
- Stanley Adventure All-in-One 2 Bowl Cook Set: https://amzn.to/3miMiXg
- Dxrise Camping Stove: https://amzn.to/2INY91R