We packed up our USMC bivy sacks and USMC 3 season bags and hit the trail for an overnight camp on the Roanoke River. We are always trying to see how little gear we need to bring in certain conditions and temperatures. This helps us be better prepared for almost any weather condition.
It was not a very comfortable sleep for Dad as his makeshift pillow failed several times during the night and he dressed in too few layers of clothing. I slept just fine in the USMC 3 season bag with poncho liner inside of my bivy.
The Fire Force tarp did come in handy during the small rain shower that popped up overnight.
- Stanley Adventure All-In-One Boil + Brew French Press: https://amzn.to/2xJOnHZ
- Woodland Camo Netting 5' x 6.5': https://amzn.to/2QBnNXe
- FIRE FORCE Multicam tarp: https://amzn.to/2sIHBQH">
- 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer: https://amzn.to/2SKqjgK
- US Military Woobie Poncho Liner: https://amzn.to/2q8TuKQ
- USMC Improved Bivy Cover: https://amzn.to/2EgoFwd
- USMC Improved Bivy Cover: https://ebay.to/2N37mTm
- USMC 3 Day Assault Pack: https://ebay.to/2GCFOQY
- USMC 3 Day Assault Pack: https://amzn.to/2C0UAhO
- KLYMIT Static V Insulated Sleeping pad: https://amzn.to/2FsqdCH
- ECWCS Gen III Level 3 L3 Polartec Fleece jacket: https://amzn.to/2Q6Vnpz
- Mountain House Biscuits and Gravy: https://amzn.to/2xMWkMx
- UCO Candle Lantern: https://amzn.to/2Uf63mw
- Mini Loaf Pan Set: https://amzn.to/37e83zK
- Sportsman's Guide Military Surplus: https://www.anrdoezrs.net/links/9121149/type/dlg/https://www.sportsmansguide.com/department/military-surplus?d=122
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robertsbushcraft/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertsbushcraft/