Whenever we're able we'll hike along the Roanoke River in hopes to find remote locations to practice stealth camping. We found quite a few today!
We let the day slip away from us and our nighttime land navigation skills we put to as strong of a test as we've had together so far. Rocky terrain, boulders, several small canyons, wind and rain made for tough and slow movement.
Gortex pants are an absolute must in rain gear. You can pair them with ponchos or parkas and keep dry. Going through the briers and such prevented us from donning ponchos on the return trip.
As stated in the video, a compass and map along with the skill to use them are absolutes when venturing out like this.
Some of the gear used
- GEN II Parka: https://amzn.to/2L0UBps
- GEN II Pants: http://amzn.to/2Ez7RgT
- BK-9 KABAR Knife: https://amzn.to/2O5hpVe
- Cammenga Official US Miltary Tritium Lensatic Compass: https://amzn.to/2EkuclX
- Nature Valley Pecan Crunch: https://amzn.to/2E6GptG
Are you following us in Instagram?: Visit now: https://www.instagram.com/robertsbushcraft/